The Fault In Our Stars
By John Green
Sixteen-year-old Hazel was diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer when she was thirteen. When she was fourteen she had a miracle. That miracle bought her a bit of time. And even though the doctors say that Hazel could live for a long time, she lives tethered to an oxygen machine, never to breathe by herself or live a full life.
Then comes Augustus Waters. He's seventeen, in remission from osteosarcoma cancer, and gorgeous. Being with Augustus gives Hazel a new outlook at life. Hazel's life is about to change for good.
Do you ever read a book where you immediately NEED to talk to someone about it after you finish it? This is one of those books. I felt like I had to tell someone the story of Hazel and Augustus. This book is so hard to describe. How can you explain a book that has you laughing one moment and crying the next? This book is funny, honest, complex, and beautifully written. After staring at the pile of unread books in my bookshelf, I realized that I didn't want to start any of them just yet, because I wanted to stay in the world of Augustus and Hazel for just a bit longer and because I didn't think that any of them could live up to The Fault In Our Stars.
I absolutely LOVED this book! I never thought that a book could be so sad and funny at the same time. Just when you start to feel sad, you laugh. This book was one of the best books I've read!
ReplyDeleteI know! It was great! :)
ReplyDeleteFYI, its char
Delete