The first book I'm going to review is The Selection by Kiera Cass.

I loved this book! In this futuristic world, people have been separated into castes, with the people in the upper castes being more fortunate, the first caste being the royal family. The main character, America Singer, is a five, meaning she belongs in the fifth caste. Every time a male royal comes of age, there is a competition called the Selection, where 35 young women, between the ages 16 and 20, get selected, one from each province, to compete for the heart of the royal, and ideally, the crown. America doesn't even want to enter the selection, on the rare chance she'll win. But when the love of her life, Aspen, convinces her to, saying he won't be able to forgive himself if she doesn't even try for a better life, America agrees, figuring there is zero chance she'll actually get selected. But when Aspen breaks her heart, and America is devastated, being selected isn't the worst thing that could happen, as long as she's away from Aspen. America is sent into the competition, and into a life that she's never imagined, a life of luxury. When she meets Prince Maxon, and begins to grow on him, she realizes that the competition she's scorned may not be so bad after all.
I loved the way it was written, especially how it was in America's point of view.
I can't wait for the next book!
Read it. It's so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment