Tuesday, July 17, 2012


Shadow and Bone
 By Leigh Bardugo

Alina Starkov is an orphan. The only person she can rely on is her best friend, Mal.  Together, they are sent into the army, and into a perilous journey into the Fold, a sea of darkness, festering with monsters. Alina knows how dangerous this journey is, even with the Grisha, people with special powers, to protect them. So when the group Alina and Mal are in gets attacked by monsters in the fold, the chance of survival is next to none, until Alina reveals a power that amazes everyone, including herself. She is rushed away from the only life she's known, to be trained as a Grisha. But when Alina discovers a secret that rips her new life apart, she is forced to use her power to its full extent, as she is the future's only hope.


I completely agree with Veronica Roth's comment on the front cover of Shadow and Bone. This book is definitely unlike anything I've ever read. I loved how much detail was put into the description of landscapes and areas, making the story so easy to imagine and become a part of. I loved the ending! It was somewhat uncertain and I loved how the epilogue was written from someone else's perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment