Friday, July 20, 2012

Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1)
Blood Red Road
 By Moira Young


Saba has spent her whole life living in Silverlake, a bone dry wasteland left behind by the Wreckers, with her Pa, her younger sister Emmi, and her twin brother Lugh. When Lugh is taken prisoner by four mysterious horsemen, Saba resolves to rescue him, whatever the cost. 
Having never ventured into the world outside of Silverlake, Saba is lost without Lugh. Accompanied by the Free Hawks, a gang of rebellious girl warriors, and a handsome daredevil named Jack, Saba sets off on the harrowing journey ahead of her, where she will discover her independence and her extreme will to survive.


I really liked this book, but it took me awhile to get into it, mainly because of the way it's written. There aren't any quotation marks, and the 'g' on the end of most words is missing, and words like 'And' become 'an'. I did find that even though it took me awhile to really get into the story, once I was in, there was no turning back. The more I read, the harder it was to put it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment