Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thirteen Reasons Why
 By Jay Asher

When Clay Jensen returns home one day from school to find a box with his name on it lying on his porch, the last thing he expects it to be are thirteen cassette tapes, the thirteen reasons why Hannah Baker, Clay's classmate and crush, committed suicide two weeks earlier. On the first tape, Hannah explains that if you received these cassette tapes, you are one of the reasons why she killed herself.
Clay doesn't understand. He doesn't know why he made her list. But if he listens, he'll find out.

What I really liked about this book was how it reminded me that no matter how small and insignificant your actions towards other people may seem to you, they can deeply effect and hurt other people. I also loved how I never wanted to put Thirteen Reasons Why down, because I always wanted to hear the next reason for Hannah's suicide. What was really interesting was the way all of the thirteen reasons connected with each other. Some of Hannah's reasons for suicide may seem small and not worth her even caring about, but when they all came together, you began to understand why she felt the way she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment