The Survival Kit
By Donna Freitas
When Rose's mom passes away, she's left behind with a debilitating grief. But she's also left with a brown paper bag labeled Rose's Survival Kit, made by her mom. Inside are objects to help Rose overcome her grief - an iPod, a crystal heart, a picture of peonies, a paper star, and a paper kite. All of these objects are ways for Rose to move on. In Rose's journey to find the meaning within each item, she is assisted by Will, a boy who has been through the same type of grief. Can loss lead to love?
I always love books that show emotional journeys, and The Survival Kit whisked me into the life of Rose and carried me through her journey to recovery, through all of the highs and lows. I felt like Rose was so easy to connect with, and it felt like I was beside her, living through the same grief that she was. I really recommend reading The Survival Kit. It was a beautiful and moving book.
No comments:
Post a Comment