Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Looking for AlaskaLooking for Alaska
 By John Green
 Before. Miles Halter has never had very many friends. In his opinion, his whole life has been one big nonevent. That is, until he decides to go to Culver Creek Boarding School. There he quickly becomes friends with his roommate, "The Colonel" and is introduced to the rest of the Colonel's friends: Takumi, a rap-loving Japanese boy, and the gorgeous, hilarious, utterly screwed-up Alaska Young, who Miles immediately falls in love with.
 After. Nothing is ever the same.

I didn't know if it was possible for me to love John Green's writing any more. But reading Looking for Alaska proved that it's possible. I really loved how Looking for Alaska was divided into two sections-Before and After. I really liked how the book led up to something and you didn't know what that something was until you reached the After. Looking for Alaska is beautifully written and is one of the best books I've read in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment