By Sarah J. Maas
18-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has served a year of hard labor in the salt mines of Endovier for her crimes before she is brought before the Crown Prince of Adarlan. He presents her with an offer: she must compete for him against 23 other killers, soldiers, and thieves in a contest held at the Royal Palace. If she wins, she becomes the King's Champion, and will serve the kingdom for four years before being granted her freedom. If she loses, she is sent back to the salt mines of Endovier, where she will surely die. Celaena quickly agrees, and begins the journey to the kingdom where she will train for the competition. She finds her lessons with the Captain of the Guard exhilarating and begins to develop an interest in the Crown Prince. But suddenly, one of the contestants in the competition turns up dead. Then another... Celaena's fight for her freedom becomes a fight to survive. Can she find out what's killing the other contestants before it gets to her?
One thing that I really liked about Throne of Glass was Celaena. She was the perfect kick-butt heroine. Another thing that I loved was the action! It's definitely a page turner! I could go on and on with praise for Throne of Glass, but I'll stop here. If you haven't read it yet, it's definitely a must read!
No comments:
Post a Comment