By Morgan Matson
Amy's world has been shattered. Her father recently died in a car accident that Amy blames herself for. Now her mother has decided to move the broken remains of the Curry family from California to Connecticut, where Amy will spend her senior year of high school. So Amy sets off on the cross-country road trip to Connecticut. Accompanying her is Roger, the son of Amy's mother's friend. Amy hasn't seen him in years and barely remembers him, so she's not excited to be driving across the country with a near stranger.
Along the way, Amy is trying to accept her father's death, and trying to rebuild her own life after the accident.
I really liked how some of the pages in Amy & Roger's Epic Detour consisted of playlists from their road trip or receipts from various places along the way to their destination. I also really want to go on a road trip now!
Also, even though the book talked about heavier subjects like death, it wasn't depressing. Overall, I really liked Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and I would definitely recommend it!
Also, even though the book talked about heavier subjects like death, it wasn't depressing. Overall, I really liked Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and I would definitely recommend it!
No comments:
Post a Comment